2021 CASQA Conference Scholarship Program Call for Applications: Date pending
In 2019 CASQA introduced the CASQA Conference Scholarship Program with a goal to encourage the next generation of leaders in the stormwater management field. For 2021 a total of three (3) scholarships are available to enable individuals to attend the 2022 CASQA Annual Conference (October 25-27; Sacramento or Virtual: TBD) and benefit from the educational and networking opportunities that are provided. The scholarship award is valued at $2,500 each and includes:
- Complimentary Full Virtual Conference Pass
- Mentoring and meetings with the CASQA Board of Directors and / or Executive / Assistant Executive Director, via virtual meetings
- Participation in a CASQA Podcast focused on the internship program and the awardees
- Facilitated virtual networking opportunity with CASQA members
- Individual membership in CASQA for 1 year
- Complimentary Quarterly Meeting Passes for 1 year (2022) – web-based or in person
- $250 travel stipend to attend (1) Quarterly Meeting in 2022, as available
Scholarship recipients will meet with the CASQA leadership, be able to network with the CASQA membership, and hear presentations from leading members of the stormwater community including local, state, and federal decision makers, stormwater program coordinators, contractors, consultants, engineers, lawyers, scientists, and planners.
Expectations of Scholarship Awardees
If selected for an award, applicants must confirm their ability to attend the annual conference and be willing to sign a release form so they can be featured in conference promotions. Additionally, scholarship awardees will be expected to provide a follow-up interview to CASQA shortly after the end of the CASQA conference to discuss their experiences and share what they learned for possible publication on the CASQA website or in other media.
Who is Eligible
Eligible individuals must:
- Currently be part of an internship program with a CASQA member organization as of the date of the submission deadline (applies to the individual as well as the membership status of the organization), OR
- Have completed an internship program with a CASQA member organization in the 18 months preceding the application deadline (organization must be a current CASQA member as of the date of the submission deadline).
Individuals must not be related (1) to a member of the CASQA Board of Directors, the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director, and/or any members of the Awards Committee that will be reviewing the submittals.
(1) Defined as a parent, sibling, child, spouse, grandparent or grandchild.
Who May Submit
Scholarship application packages must be submitted by CASQA members on behalf of their intern(s). Up to three (3) applications may be submitted by an organization or agency.
During the CASQA Conference all submitted posters (up to 10) will be displayed. All participants displaying a poster will also have the opportunity to hand out a 1-page bio/resume to interested conference attendees. (Note: The "display" will be adapted for a virtual conference.)
Call for Conference Scholarship Applications: Submittal Instructions and Attachments: 2021 documents pending
Learn about the specific submittal instructions and information details to include with your application. Please download all of the following documents:
2021Submittal Instructions and Information
2021 CASQA Conference Scholarship Application Attachment A - Fillable Form
2021 CASQA Conference Scholarship Application Attachment B
Dates & Deadlines:
- Submittal d
- Complete applications must be received by the submittal deadline in order to be considered.
- CASQA reviews Application Packages and selects those that qualify for submittal of posters (up to 10).
- CASQA to notify recipients and request posters: TBD
- Submittal deadline to submit posters for review: TBD
- CASQA Awards Committee reviews posters and selects scholarship winners (up to 3).
- CASQA to notify recipients and arrange registration: TBD
Email to: Awards.CASQA@gmail.com
Subject Line: Question: 2021 CASQA Conference Scholarship Program
Content: Include name, question, reply email, and telephone number