2019 Call for Conference Scholarship Applications: Now Closed
New in 2019 CASQA is pleased to introduce the CASQA Conference Scholarship Program. The goal of the program is to encourage the next generation of leaders in the stormwater management field. A total of three (3) scholarships are available to enable individuals to attend the 2019 CASQA Annual Conference at the Monterey Conference Center (October 7-9) and benefit from the educational and networking opportunities that are provided. The scholarship award is valued at $2,500 each and includes:
- Complimentary 3-Day Full Conference Pass
- Up to a three-night hotel stay
- $500 travel and meals stipend
- Mentoring and meetings with the CASQA Board of Directors and/or Executive/Assistant Executive Director
- Individual membership in CASQA for 1 year
Scholarship recipients will meet with the CASQA leadership, be able to network with the CASQA membership, and hear presentations from leading members of the stormwater community including local, state, and federal decision makers, stormwater program coordinators, contractors, consultants, engineers, lawyers, scientists, and planners.
Scholarship Award winners will be highlighted in the printed Conference Program and during the lunch on Wednesday.
Expectations of Scholarship Awardees
If selected for an award, applicants must confirm their ability to attend the annual conference and be willing to sign a release form so they can be featured in conference promotions. Additionally, scholarship awardees will be expected to provide a follow-up interview to CASQA shortly after the end of the CASQA conference to discuss their experiences and share what they learned for possible publication on the CASQA website or in other media.
Who is Eligible
Eligible individuals must:
- Currently be part of an internship program with a CASQA member organization as of the date of the submission deadline (applies to the individual as well as the membership status of the organization), OR
- Have completed an internship program with a CASQA member organization in the 18 months preceding the application deadline (organization must be a current CASQA member as of the date of the submission deadline).
Individuals must not be related (1) to a member of the CASQA Board of Directors, the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director, and/or any members of the Awards Committee that will be reviewing the submittals.
(1) Defined as a parent, sibling, child, spouse, grandparent or grandchild.
Who May Submit
Scholarship application packages must be submitted by CASQA members on behalf of their intern(s). Up to three (3) applications may be submitted by an organization or agency.
Top Poster Recognition
During the CASQA Conference all submitted posters (up to 10) will be displayed. All participants displaying a poster will also have the opportunity to hand out 1-page bios/resumes to interested conference attendees. The top three (3) posters that receive the Scholarship Award will be voted on by the conference attendees. The highest ranked poster will receive additional conference recognition.
Call for Conference Scholarship Applications: Submittal Instructions and Attachments
Learn about the specific submittal instructions and information details to include with your application. Please download all of the following documents:
2019 Submittal Instructions and Information
Dates & Deadlines:
- Call for Conference Scholarship Application Packages opens: April 22, 2019
- Submittal d
- Complete applications must be received by the submittal deadline in order to be considered.
- CASQA reviews Application Packages and selects those that qualify for submittal of posters (up to 10).
- CASQA to notify recipients and request posters: June 7, 2019
- Submittal deadline to submit posters for review: July 8, 2019
- CASQA Awards Committee reviews posters and selects scholarship winners (up to 3).
- CASQA to notify recipients and arrange registration, travel, and accommodation: July 29, 2019
- Voting for Top Poster Award:
- All submitted/approved posters displayed: October 7, 2019
- Voting for top poster by conference attendees opens: October 7, 2019 - 10:00 AM
- Voting for top poster by conference attendees closes: October 8, 2019 - 5:00 PM
- Top Poster Award winner announced: October 9, 2019 lunch - 12:10 - 1:30 PM
Email to: Awards.CASQA@gmail.com
Subject Line: Question: 2019 CASQA Conference Scholarship Program
Content: Include name, question, reply email, and telephone number