UPDATE: Abstract Selection Notifications
CASQA emailed the selection results (both selected and not-selected) to the primary speakers & poster-only presenters on Monday, July 2, 2018.
THE ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
CASQA welcomes your abstract submission for our 2018 Annual Conference. Please read the information on this page before submitting your abstract via the link provided at the bottom.
- IMPORTANT: Please allow plenty of time to complete the online abstract submittal form. Do not wait until 11:30 AM on the last day!
- Abstracts not submitted by the deadline will not be reviewed or selected.
- CASQA will email selection results (both selected and not-selected) to the primary speakers & poster-only presenters.
- Note: At the discretion of the Conference Technical Program Team, abstracts may be selected for a different track and/or presentation length than for that submitted.
2018 CASQA Annual Conference Theme
Connecting the Drops from Summit to Sea
The 2018 California Stormwater Quality Association (CASQA) Annual Conference will be held in downtown Riverside, the heart of the Inland Empire. This year’s conference theme reflects its location in the upper portion of the Santa Ana River Watershed, an area of diverse habitat and extreme topography. The densely populated watershed is home to over six million people in four southern California counties. Here, as in all of California and beyond, stormwater professionals are hard at work complying with NPDES permits and TMDLs, creating urban infrastructure that implements low impact development and reduces hydromodification impacts, capturing stormwater for water supply, and providing protection for groundwater and surface water resources.
At this year’s conference we will “connect the drops" by providing an extensive program of training workshops, technical presentations, and posters addressing a range of challenges and opportunities facing urban stormwater practitioners including sustainability, source control, conservation, stormwater capture, communication, pollutant management, and permitting. The conference will highlight the recent integrating approaches developed by the State Water Board STORMS Program and the CASQA Vision to establish stormwater as a vital resource through focused efforts and resources.
Submission Requirements and Guidelines
To be considered, an abstract (4,000 characters maximum including spaces) must concisely describe the project, program, or study proposed for oral presentation or a poster at the conference. Abstracts must be relevant to the conference theme and the track to which submitted. The abstract itself is the sole basis for selection. Abstracts must meet all CASQA Abstract Submission Requirements. Please review the documents provided below:
Required Accompanying Information:
Before starting the online abstract submittal form, be prepared to provide the following (not included in the 4,000 character limit):
- The title of the presentation or poster
- Whether submitting for an oral presentation, poster presentation, or both
- 1st choice and 2nd choice proposed conference tracks (e.g., Sustainability)
- Contact information for the primary speaker or poster presenter
- Name and organization of contributing author(s)
- Speaker biographies (limited to 100 words each)
Note: Presentations will be 30 minutes (25 minutes + 5 minutes of Q&A), unless determined differently by the Conference Technical Program Team. There will be one primary speaker per presentation. Due to time constraints, we suggest limiting the number of supporting speakers, if any.
Primary Speaker and Poster Presenter Information
By submitting an abstract, a speaker agrees to prepare PowerPoint slides and make an oral presentation or display a poster at the conference. Slides will be made available on the CASQA website following the conference consistent with the publishing permissions required during the online abstract submission process.
The corresponding primary speaker or poster presenter of an accepted abstract must attend the conference. The Technical Program track sessions are held on Tuesday and Wednesday. Substitution of primary speakers and poster presenters is not allowed without advance approval of the conference co-chairs. Speaker and poster presenter registration will open following abstract selections and speaker confirmations. Speakers and poster presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs, but are eligible for discounted registration fees as follows:
- The primary speaker (1) for each Technical Program track presentation is eligible
- Panelists for a Technical Program track presentation are eligible
- Alternate presentation speakers for each session are eligible
- Training Workshop speakers are eligible
- Supporting speakers and contributing authors are not eligible and must pay the full CASQA Member or Non-Member attendee rate
- Poster presenters who are not also presenting orally and are not alternate presentation speakers receive a $50 discount off the Member general attendee rate, whether or not a CASQA member
- Speaker and Poster Presenter rates apply to both Members and Non-Members
- There is no charge for speakers attending only the session or a half-day of the training workshop in which they are speaking
Additional information for poster presenters:
Posters must be approximately 3’ x 4' in portrait orientation and printed on a medium that can be affixed to a standard poster display board; if selected, detailed information will be provided. The posters will be displayed during the entire conference (Oct 15 –Oct 17) - beginning at 10 AM Monday, Oct 15.
Each year the CASQA Technical Program Team includes invited panels or forums. The moderators for these will submit their panel or forum via a separate online submission form (URL) provided by CASQA as needed. The panel/forum submissions are not reviewed and may include (to be determined):
- Regulatory Panels (Construction, Industrial, Municipal)
- Trainer of Record (CGP, IGP)
How to Submit Your Abstract
Please read all bullets before clicking the link below, which will take you to the online submission form.
- If necessary, please upgrade to Internet Explorer 10+ or use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. The CASQA website does not support Internet Explorer 8 or 9.
- Do not use all capital letters when entering information on the online form.
- Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the online form once all tabs are complete. Please note that partial submissions will not be saved.
- Important: Upon submitting, you not receive a submittal confirmation email. confirmation message including your abstract ID number. Please make a note of it. You will