Join Us for the CASQA 2020 Virtual Conference!
Dates: Tuesday 9/15/2020 - Wednesday 9/16/2020
Leadership is one of the core components of who we are as CASQA. Therefore, CASQA has opted to lead through these challenges by providing certainty in these uncertain times. Part of CASQA’s mission is to educate and this virtual platform will maximize access and opportunities for learning together in 2020. We are developing an outstanding conference experience, albeit a new one, by migrating our typical conference components into an interactive virtual platform. The conference will include the exceptional content and program that we are known for, as well as opportunities for sponsors, exhibitors, and virtual networking. We are excited to see just how innovative we can be and, as always, we are #CASQAtogether.
Scroll down to learn more and see a general overview of each day. Watch this page for updates!
- Attendee Registration
- 2020 Conference Agenda:
- The online conference agenda provides an hourly view of the program and speakers. You can see a detailed overview of all days or filter by day or track.
- Conference Program PDF (pending):
- The conference program for the 2020 virtual conference will not be printed. Instead we will email a PDF version to registrants and post it here.
- Note: The PDF version may not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins. The online conference agenda linked above is the most current version.
- Conference Mobile App: Note that we will not be using the CASQA Annual Conference mobile app for the 2020 virtual conference.
- 2020 Sponsors
- 2020 Exhibitors
2020 CASQA Annual Conference Theme
CASQA 2020: Envision the Future
"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
Joel A. Barker
CASQA’s Vision Statement recognizes Sustainable Stormwater Management as a vital component of California’s water resources. Stewardship of our stormwater resources must balance human and ecological needs including protecting water quality, enhancing and restoring waterways, and providing an additional source for water supply. With this in mind, we ask you to envision the future of stormwater. At the conference we will explore ways to incorporate sustainable solutions for our water quality challenges, integrate the best science and technologies to ensure future generations can enjoy our waters, provide equity by engaging in all communities, drive consensus building with multi-benefit solutions, and explore funding for the future we envision.
The CASQA Annual Conference offers in-depth learning opportunities and discussions on a wide range of stormwater and water management topics, with a focus around the conference theme. The Plenary Session will officially kick off the conference with our Welcome Remarks, CASQA Awards Announcement, and Keynote Address. Conference thematic technical presentations, training workshops, panels, forums, and roundtable discussions following multiple concurrent tracks will be presented by leading stormwater practitioners from across California and the world. Attendees will be able to visit the virtual Exhibit Hall and interface with exhibitors while exploring goods, services, and innovative ideas. Virtual networking opportunities will also be provided throughout the conference. Scroll down to see an overview of each day.
General Conference Information
- Two-day virtual conference: Tuesday 9/15 - Wednesday 9/16
- Multi-track technical presentations and discussion sessions
- Presentations will be live-streamed per the conference agenda, including live Q&A with the presenters.
- All presentations will be recorded and available on-demand to all conference registrants at least through the end of 2020. This will provide maximum flexibility for registrants, who can view the live stream as well as access the recorded content on their own time.
- The virtual exhibit hall will provide attendees with the opportunity to interface with exhibitors and explore innovative goods, services, and ideas:
- Attendees will be able to speak live one-to-one with a representative or make an appointment for a later date/time
- Included will be an exhibitor-sponsored prize drawing for attendees who visit a set number of exhibit spaces
- Networking opportunities - all registrants are welcome to join us virtually!
- Monday 9/14, 5:00 - 7:00 pm: This is a great way to break the ice in a speed dating format before the official start of the conference
- Tuesday 9/15, 5:00 - 7:00 pm: A unique opportunity to socialize after a day of presentations and continue the stormwater discussion with fellow conference attendees; including a stormwater game
- Access instructions for the live stream will be emailed to registrants in advance of the virtual event (date and more details are pending
All registrants are welcome to join us virtually! This is a great way to break the ice in a speed dating format before the official start of the conference.
September 15 September 16, 2020
- Plenary Session: Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Amanda Carr, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- CASQA Awards Announcement: Jamison Crosby, Chair - CASQA Awards Committee
- Keynote Address: Speaker TBD
- Program and Tracks: Nine multi-track technical sessions with 91 oral presentations, 13 panels, 2 forums, 1 roundtable, 4 training workshops
- Exhibit Hall
- Poster Display
- Outstanding Service Awards Announcement: Tuesday lunch (pending)
- Tuesday Evening Reception - 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: This included event is a unique opportunity to socialize virtually after a day of presentations and continue the stormwater discussion with fellow conference attendees.
- Conference Scholarship Program Awards Announcement: Wednesday lunch (pending)