Join us for the 2020 Virtual CASQA Annual Conference - Registration to open soon!
More information will be coming in the next few weeks and months. Watch this page for updates to the information and dates below as we convert to a virtual event
The 2020 CASQA Annual Conference will Convert to a Virtual Event
The 2020 Annual Conference, previously scheduled to be held September 14 – 16, 2020 at the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, California, will be migrated to a virtual platform. As we are all well aware, physical distancing restrictions will be slowly modified in California over time, but what that looks like for large gatherings, and the timeframe for such modifications, is unknown.
One of the core components of who we are as CASQA is leadership. Therefore, CASQA has opted to lead through these challenges by providing certainty in these uncertain times. Part of CASQA’s mission is to educate and this virtual platform will maximize access and opportunities for learning together in 2020. We will develop an outstanding conference experience, albeit a new one, and are choosing to use these next few months to plan ahead and migrate our typical conference components into an interactive virtual platform.
We are rapidly developing the format and will provide further details in the next few weeks. But, the conference will be interactive and include the outstanding content and program that we are known for, as well as opportunities for sponsors, exhibitors, and even virtual networking. We are excited to see just how innovative we can be and, as always, we are #CASQAtogether.
2020 CASQA Annual Conference Theme
CASQA 2020: Envision the Future
"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
Joel A. Barker
CASQA’s Vision Statement recognizes Sustainable Stormwater Management as a vital component of California’s water resources. Stewardship of our stormwater resources must balance human and ecological needs including protecting water quality, enhancing and restoring waterways, and providing an additional source for water supply. With this in mind, we ask you to envision the future of stormwater. At the conference we will explore ways to incorporate sustainable solutions for our water quality challenges, integrate the best science and technologies to ensure future generations can enjoy our waters, provide equity by engaging in all communities, drive consensus building with multi-benefit solutions, and explore funding for the future we envision.
The CASQA Annual Conference offers in-depth learning opportunities and discussions on a wide range of stormwater and water management topics, with a focus around the conference theme. The Plenary Session will officially kick off the conference with our Welcome Remarks, CASQA Awards Announcement, and Keynote Address. Conference thematic technical presentations, training workshops, panels, forums, and roundtable discussions following multiple concurrent tracks will be presented by leading stormwater practitioners from across California and the world. Attendees will be able to visit the virtual Exhibit Hall and interface with exhibitors while exploring goods, services, and innovative ideas. Virtual networking opportunities will also be provided throughout the conference. Scroll down to see an overview of each day.
General Virtual Conference Information
- 2-day virtual conference
- Conference dates: Tuesday 9/15/2020 - Wednesday 9/16/2020
- Multi-track technical presentations and discussion sessions
- Presentations will be recorded and live-streamed at pre-determined times, and immediately followed by live Q&A with the presenters.
- Conference registrants will be able to access recorded presentation content beyond the timeframe of the virtual conference event. This will provide maximum flexibility for registrants, who can view the live stream as well as access the recorded content on their own time.
- Virtual exhibit hall
- Virtual networking opportunities
- Access instructions for the live stream will be emailed to registrants in advance of the virtual event (date and more details are pending)
Virtual Lobby Example:
Exhibit Space Example:
Online Conference Agenda
The online Conference Agenda provides an up-to-date hourly view of the program and speakers. You can see an overview of all days or filter by day, track, or training workshop.
(2020 Conference Agenda - link will be available in July)
The conference program for the 2020 virtual conference will not be printed. Instead we will email a PDF version to attendees and post it here (link pending). Note: The PDF version may not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins. The online Conference Agenda linked above is the most current version.
CASQA Annual Conference Mobile App
We will not be using the Annual Conference app for the 2020 virtual conference.
September 15 September 16, 2020
- Plenary Session (Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM pending)
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Amanda Carr, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- CASQA Awards Announcement: Chair - CASQA Awards Committee
- Keynote Address: Speaker TBD
- Program and Tracks (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Technical Program
- Training Workshop Program
- Poster Program
- Outstanding Service Awards Announcement: day and time pending
- Conference Scholarship Program Awards Announcement: day and time pending