Scroll down to learn more and see a general overview of each day.
- Attendee Registration
- 2021 Conference Agenda (link will be provided in Aug 2021)
- The online conference agenda provides an hourly view of the program and speakers. You can see a detailed overview of all days or filter by day or track.
- 2021 Conference Program PDF (will be posted in October 2021)
- Note: The PDF version may not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins. The online conference agenda linked above is the most current version.
- Conference Mobile App note: The CASQA Annual Conference mobile app will not be used for the 2021 virtual conference.
- 2021 Sponsors (link pending)
- 2021 Exhibitors (link pending)
CASQA 2021 Virtual Annual Conference
Education is a core element of who we are as a nonprofit organization. The values that guide how we achieve our organizational mission include excellence, leadership, collaboration, integrity, inclusivity, respect, service, and stewardship. Based upon the feedback received from our membership, and reflecting upon how to best fulfill our educational mission and core values this year, the 2021 Annual Conference will again be held as a virtual event.
Recovery & Resilience: Achieving Sustainable Stormwater Management
“Resilience is not bouncing back from adversity, but bouncing through it.” - LaRae Quy
Now, more than ever, resilience is vital as we deal with a changing climate and more extreme wildfires, floods and droughts, recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, and shifting governmental priorities, among other issues. For stormwater management, there are so many necessary ingredients in the mix to attain sustainability - we need forward thinking policies, appropriate and achievable permits, environmentally sound solutions, sufficient funding, good science, public awareness and support, collaboration on improved solutions, and opportunities, like the CASQA conference, to share all our best ideas and lessons learned. Join us, submit your abstracts, and share your knowledge and experience as part of the 2021 CASQA Conference program - we look forward to hearing from you!
Tanya Bilezikjian and Sharon Gosselin, 2021 Conference Co-chairs
The CASQA Annual Conference offers in-depth learning opportunities and discussions on a wide range of stormwater and water management topics, with a focus around the conference theme. The Plenary Session will officially kick off the conference with our Welcome Remarks, CASQA Awards Announcement, and Keynote Address. Conference thematic technical presentations, training workshops and panel discussions following multiple concurrent tracks will be presented by leading stormwater practitioners from across California and the world. Attendees will be able to visit the virtual Exhibit Hall and interface with exhibitors while exploring goods, services, and innovative ideas. Virtual networking opportunities will also be provided throughout the conference. Scroll down to see an overview of each day.
General Conference Information
- Two-day virtual conference: Tuesday 10/26 - Wednesday 10/27
- Multi-track technical presentations, panels, and training workshops will be live-streamed per the conference agenda, including live Q&A with the presenters.
- All sessions will be recorded and available on-demand post the live event to conference registrants through the end of 2021. This will provide maximum flexibility and greater educational and professional development opportunities for registrants, who can view the live stream as well as access over 70 hours of recorded technical content in their own time.
- The virtual exhibit hall will provide attendees with the opportunity to interface with exhibitors and explore innovative goods, services, and ideas:
- Attendees will be able to speak live one-to-one with a representative or make an appointment for a later date/time
- Included will be an exhibitor-sponsored prize drawing for attendees who visit a set number of exhibit spaces
- Networking opportunities - all registrants are welcome to join us virtually!
- Monday 10/25, 5:00 - 7:00 pm: This is a great way to break the ice before the official start of the conference
- Tuesday 10/26, 5:00 - 7:00 pm: A unique opportunity to socialize after a day of presentations with fellow conference attendees
- Access instructions to the conference portal will be emailed to registrants a few days before the live virtual event (email date is pending)
Lobby of the CASQA 2020 Virtual Conference
All registrants are welcome to join us virtually! This is a great way to break the ice before the official start of the conference.
October 26 October 27, 2021
- Plenary Session: Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM (time to be confirmed)
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Amanda Carr, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- Host Program Welcome: TBD
- Conference Thank Yous: Tanya Bilezikjian and Sharon Gosselin, Co-Chairs - Conference Subcommittee
- Outstanding Service Awards Announcement: Amanda Carr, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- Conference Scholarship Program Awards Announcement: Amanda Carr, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- Exhibitor 15-Year Awards Announcement: Karen Ashby, Exhibitor Coordinator
- CASQA Awards Announcement: Jamison Crosby, Chair - CASQA Awards Committee
- Keynote Introduction: Amanda Carr, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- Keynote Address: TBD
- Program and Tracks: Multi-track technical sessions with presentations, panels, and training workshops
- Exhibit Hall
- Poster Display
- Tuesday Evening Reception - 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: A unique opportunity to socialize after a day of presentations with fellow conference attendees.