With the help of a Proposition 84 stormwater grant* CASQA developed this web portal to assist the stormwater community conduct assessments of stormwater program effectiveness. This portal provides a central repository for obtaining guidance, sharing data and information, and obtaining planning and assessment support.
* Note: Funding for this project has been provided in full or in part through an agreement with the State Water Resources Control Board. The contents of this document do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the State Water Resources Control Board, nor does mention of trade names or commercial products constitute endorsement or recommendation for use.
Effectiveness Assessment Guidance Documents & Presentations
The Municipal Stormwater Program Effectiveness Assessment Guidance document is an evolving document. As municipalities complete annual program assessments, additional data will become available that will assist in verifying links between program-wide best management practices implementation, pollutant load reduction, and eventual receiving water quality improvements.
The CASQA Program Effectiveness Assessment and Improvement Plan (PEAIP) Framework provides a recommended structure and approach for the PEAIPs that is consistent with the Phase II Permit and the CASQA guidance document, 'A Strategic Approach to Planning for and Assessing the Effectiveness of Stormwater Programs (February 2015).' The Framework is intended to provide statewide consistency for the traditional and non-traditional MS4 PEAIPs and a customizable, user-friendly format for agencies to use as they develop their individual documents. The Framework is also recommended for consideration by Phase I MS4 stormwater programs as they consider effectiveness assessments within the context of their programs.
The Effectiveness Assessment Baseline Report provides a foundation for this web portal, and is a product of the State Water Resources Control Board's Proposition 84 stormwater grant; the report includes the following:
- Summary of existing California Phase I and Phase II stormwater permit requirements
- Summary of current assessment practices (effectiveness assessment approaches, metrics, and methods)
- Survey of assessment needs and opportunities
- Materials review and compilation (completed assessments, regulatory resources, and stormwater-related research and literature)
Find links to key presentations from webinars and CASQA meetings here.
View a summary of the surveys done regarding the CASQA Effectiveness Assessment web portal.