Thank you in advance for your participation as a speaker at the upcoming CASQA Quarterly Meeting. Your speaker instructions, an important deadline, and the link to upload all required speaker materials are below.
Thursday, January 11, 2018: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Meeting & Webcast
- Annual Federal and State Stormwater and Water Quality Regulatory Programs Update
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina - 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Speaker Instructions & Upload Link for Required Speaker Materials
See the agenda for your speaking order and allotted time: Agenda
In preparation for the meeting and to ensure a smooth viewing experience for our webcast viewers, we require the following items in advance:
Due by: Monday, January 8, 2018 - 2:00 PM
- Introduction Bio (limited to 100 words)
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Signed Reproduction Authorization Form
- RSVP and Lunch preference (not needed for webcast-only meetings)
1. Introduction Bio
Please upload a brief bio (limited to 100 words) to be used for your introduction.
2. PowerPoint Presentation
Please upload your final PowerPoint presentation per the requirements below.
Note: If you will not be using a PowerPoint presentation, please advise CASQA Events Manager Amy Porter in advance so that we will not be anticipating one.
PowerPoint Presentation Requirements
For optimal webcast and overhead projection viewing, please adhere to the following requirements when creating your PowerPoint presentation:
- Presentations must be in PowerPoint (.PPTX (preferred) or .PPT format)
- No PDF or Prezi presentations
- Presentations must be formatted in 16:9 (widescreen aspect ratio). Click here for instructions to change the size of your slides if needed
- The instructions may not work if you have customized ribbons or are using an older browser or software. Please contact Amy Porter if you need further assistance.
- Provide any video/audio files separately, even if embedded in your presentation
- Include all linked documents and media when the presentation is submitted
- Avoid red or faint text colors
- Keep text at size 24pt and above; sans-serif fonts work best
- We prefer that no custom fonts are used, but if used, please embed any custom fonts (embed all characters). Instructions can be found here:
- Compress images and remove cropped areas. Instructions can be found here for PowerPoint 2016
- Do not use an image as a slide background unless it lends itself to text readability
- Do not assume that the audience will know all stormwater jargon. Define acronyms or arcane terms in your presentation.
3. Reproduction Authorization Form (only needed if using a PowerPoint)
If you will be using a PowerPoint, please print, complete, scan, and upload the Reproduction Authorization Form. We do not need a signed form if you will not be using a PowerPoint.
As a benefit to our CASQA members, we post the meeting presentations to the CASQA website following the meeting and would like to include yours as well. All presentations are converted to PDFs and password protected before posting.
4. RSVP and Lunch Preference
As an invited guest we welcome your attendance for the full day, including lunch, at no charge (no need to register to attend). RSVP to CASQA Events Manager Amy Porter and include your preference for a regular or a vegetarian meal (not needed for webcast-only meetings).