Training staff on good housekeeping best management practices is a required component of all municipal stormwater permits. The CASQA Phase II Subcommittee has produced five videos to help with the challenge of providing this training. Topics include: Annual Hotspot Comprehensive Inspections, Concrete Work and Saw Cutting, Minor Spill and Leak Cleanup, Storm Drain Maintenance, and Surface Cleaning and Pressure Washing. The training videos demonstrate how to do things the right way, focusing on positive actions for preventing pollution. They are short and singular in topic so that some municipal staff might watch only one or two, depending on the nature of the work they perform, while others may need to watch all of them. Although the municipal operations good housekeeping videos are focused for the Phase II Traditional / Non-traditional Permittees, they can be helpful for anyone who needs to provide brief, targeted training on these selected topics:
- Annual Hotspot Comprehensive Inspection
- Concrete Work and Saw Cutting
- Minor Spill and Leak Cleanup
- Storm Drain Maintenance
- Surface Cleaning and Pressure Washing
Access to the Training Videos
- CASQA members who are logged in have automatic access to the BMP Training videos page.
- Note: The primary member and all ‘active’ sub-members of a group CASQA membership have access to the page whenever they are logged in (this does not apply to individual 1-person memberships. The primary member may inquire to share the videos with others in their member organization who are not sub-members; please contact Amy Porter.
- Non-members can purchase a year of access ($50): Buy Now