The Construction BMP Online Handbook is an interactive online reference that provides the information you need to stay in compliance with California stormwater regulations for a construction general permit, with detailed monitoring guidance and inspection forms, including the SWPPP Template. The printed 2003 version of the Construction BMP Handbook became obsolete in 2009 when the handbook became an online subscription product.
Purchasing or renewing a subscription to the Construction BMP Online Handbook assures that you are getting the latest version of the handbook (December 2019) and includes a SWPPP template. CASQA plans to take full advantage of the online format to issue more frequent updates; likely at least annually.
If you are a current subscriber, go here to view the online handbook
The 2019 Updates Include:
- LUP (Linear Underground / Overhead Project) requirements added throughout the Handbook
- LUP SWPPP Template
- Updated risk assessment guidance
- Updates to 11 BMP Fact Sheets
- Updated REAP (Rain Event Action Plan) Template
- Clarified sampling guidance
- Updated bioassessment procedures
- Reformatted SWPPP Template combining SWPPP and Construction Site Monitoring Program (CSMP) elements
Public Agencies: There is a new copyright statement that clarifies the extent of a public agency subscriber’s permission to distribute portions of the Handbook. Please check it out and contact us with any questions.
SWPPP Template Information
The template is available in both a .pdf and a .docx version:
- The .docx version gives users the ability to fill in background information in the indicated areas or delete content that is not appropriate for their facilities - the .pdf version is not editable.
- Both versions include instructions, but the instructions in the Word document are as hidden text. Hidden text can be turned on or off by clicking the Show button (¶ symbol) in the top row of the document menu bar.
Construction BMP Online Handbook annual subscriptions are available for individuals (CASQA members and non-members) as well as for groups (CASQA members only).
- CASQA membership does not include a subscription to the BMP Online Handbooks (including the SWPPP Templates), however, CASQA members receive reduced subscription rates.
- Purchasing a subscription does not include CASQA membership.
Only subscribers may access the BMP Construction handbook. To find out if you are already a subscriber, eligible to receive a member discount, or eligible for renewal, please log in. Subscription prices are as follows. $160 Individual (1 user) $400 Small Group (2-3 users) $900 Medium Group (4-10 users) $1,800 Large Group (11-25 users) $40 Individual (1 user) $100 Small Group (2-3 users) $225 Medium Group (4-10 users) $450 Large Group (11-25 users) $200 Individual (1 user) Buy now *non-member group rates are not available $55 Individual (1 user) *non-member group rates are not available
Member Subscription Rates
Member Renewal Rates
Non-Member Subscription Rates*
Non-Member Renewal Rates*
Only subscribers may access the BMP Construction handbook. To find out if you are already a subscriber, eligible to receive a member discount, or eligible for renewal, please log in. Subscription prices are as follows.
$160 Individual (1 user)
$400 Small Group (2-3 users)
$900 Medium Group (4-10 users)
$1,800 Large Group (11-25 users)
$40 Individual (1 user)
$100 Small Group (2-3 users)
$225 Medium Group (4-10 users)
$450 Large Group (11-25 users)
$200 Individual (1 user) Buy now
*non-member group rates are not available
$55 Individual (1 user)
*non-member group rates are not available
Group Subscription Information
Group subscriptions have a designated primary subscriber (purchaser) who can share the subscription with others (sub-subscribers). Adding sub-subscribers is the responsibility of the primary subscriber and is a one time step unless someone leaves or joins the organization.
- Subscriptions must be renewed before the expiration date to receive the renewal rate. If not, you will be charged the full subscription rate.
- There is no penalty for early renewal. Upon renewal, 12 months will be added to the original expiration date.
- If not renewed by 11:59 PM Pacific time on the day before the expiration date, access to the BMP Online Handbook will be denied. For those with group subscriptions access will also be denied for your sub-subscribers.
- If you are upgrading to a broader subscription type, you must pay the initial rate for the new subscription type and then the renewal rate after the first year.
To renew your BMP Online Handbook subscription, please follow the steps below:
- The CASQA website does not support Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10 and may not support Microsoft Edge. Please upgrade or use another browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Renewals must be done through the account of the primary subscriber (purchaser). Log in to your CASQA account page.
- Select the Orders tab and look for the subscription that needs to be renewed; click 'renew' - the discount will automatically be deducted in the shopping cart.