Periodically, CASQA develops position papers on significant stormwater topics. These position papers support the implementation of CASQA’s Vision, as well as the following goals:
- Provide a tool for CASQA members (e.g., support the development of comment letters, testimony, stakeholder processes, etc.)
- Provide an opportunity to broadly share CASQA’s position on key issues to outside organizations
Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) / Sanitary Sewer & Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) / Stormwater Collaboration
The purpose of this Position Paper is to support identification of opportunities for collaboration with the POTW / wastewater community and develop mechanisms to proactively address barriers to collaboration in support of CASQA’s Vision for Sustainable Stormwater Management, specifically Vision Actions 1.1*, 1.2*, 2.4*, 2.5*, and 3.2*.
* Action 1.1: Promote Stormwater as a Resource; Action 1.2: Identify Constraints and Opportunities for Maximizing Stormwater as a Resource; Action 2.4: Develop Permitting Policies / Framework Focused on Sustainable Stormwater Management; Action 2.5: Establish Funding for Stormwater Programs; Action 3.2: Create Opportunities for Multiple Agency and Collaborative Efforts to Demonstrate the Value of Stormwater to the Public.
Discussion Points for Creating a New Stormwater Category on the ASCE Infrastructure Report Card
The purpose of this fact sheet is to support implementation of Vision Action 3.2* and to make CASQA members aware of the effort to include stormwater as a category on both the California Infrastructure Report Card and the National Infrastructure report card, both of which are developed and published by ASCE.
* CASQA Vision Action 3.2: Create Statewide Message that Establishes Stormwater as a Resource; Goal: Develop a message and outreach materials promoting stormwater as a resource for use in public education.
Consideration of Wet Weather in Regulatory Actions
The purpose of this position paper is to support implementation of CASQA Vision Action 2.3*, to develop a strategy to consciously consider wet weather separately during objective development, and to provide a structure for modifying existing water quality objectives in the future.
* CASQA Vision Action 2.3: Augment and Implement Basin Plan Amendment Process; Goal: Modify water quality standards to reflect sustainable beneficial uses and the nature and impact of stormwater.