- QSP or QSD qualifications are renewed completely online.
- Qualified QSPs and QSDs should receive an email reminder from OWP 90 days and 21 days before their qualification expires at the email address in their OWP online account.
- Your OWP online account is separate from an account that you may have on the CASQA website and can be accessed at the OWP Account Management Portal.
Steps To Renew Qualification
Qualification can be renewed no more than 90 days prior to expiration. Qualification that is renewed on time will be set to expire two years after the original expiration date. Late renewals incur an additional fee and will be set to expire two years after the renewal date. QSPs/QSDs whose qualification has expired will be noted with an expired status in the QSP and QSD Public Lookup Tool.
- Log into the Office of Water Programs (OWP) website QSD/QSP Account Management Portal. If you do not already have an online account, you will need to create one at the Office of Water Programs (OWP) website.
- Confirm that your underlying certification is current. Check the underlying certification or registration provided to you by the issuing organization or contact that organization.
- Read the most recent CGP Review.
- We ask that you read the annually updated CPG Review training materials to stay up-to-date on the latest issues affecting permit compliance. Log in to the OWP Account Management Portal to download the CGP Review. The current publication of “CGP Review” addresses the regulators’ top concerns regarding permit interpretation and compliance. Having their insight will help you understand how your construction site and Other Guidance will be assessed and the permit enforced. This issue also addresses recent permit changes.
- Pay the renewal fee of $95 if renewed before the current expiration date, or $115 if renewed after the certificate has expired.
After these steps are completed, a new QSP or QSD certificate is automatically emailed to the candidate. For more information, please call the Office of Water Programs help desk at (916) 278-6142.
Additional Renewal Option for QSDs Only
In July 2013 the State Water Board launched a new, second option for individuals with specified licenses to become or renew as a QSD. For information visit the California Board of Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists (CBPELSG) Licensed QSD Training Program. The basic differences in the two options for qualifying or renewing as a QSD are shown in this