>> More information will be coming in the next few weeks and months. Watch this page for updates, announcements, and links as we convert to a virtual event.
The 2020 CASQA Annual Conference is Going Virtual
The 2020 CASQA Annual Conference, previously scheduled to be held September 14 - 16, 2020 at the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, California, will be migrated to a virtual platform. As we are all well aware, physical distancing restrictions will be slowly modified in California over time, but what that looks like for large gatherings, and the timeframe for such modifications, is unknown.
One of the core components of who we are as CASQA is leadership. Therefore, CASQA has opted to lead through these challenges by providing certainty in these uncertain times. Part of CASQA’s mission is to educate and this virtual platform will maximize access and opportunities for learning together in 2020. We will develop an outstanding conference experience, albeit a new one, and are choosing to use these next few months to plan ahead and migrate our typical conference components into an interactive virtual platform.
We are rapidly developing the format and will provide further details in the next few weeks. But, the conference will be interactive and include the outstanding content and program that we are known for, as well as opportunities for sponsors, exhibitors, and even virtual networking. We are excited to see just how innovative we can be and, as always, we are #CASQAtogether.
The CASQA Annual Conference offers a unique opportunity to interact with professionals in the stormwater field. Each year the conference draws leading members of the stormwater community including local, state, and federal decision makers, stormwater program coordinators, contractors, consultants, engineers, lawyers, scientists, and planners. Join fellow stormwater practitioners and exhibitors for in-depth training and discussions addressing a wide range of challenges and opportunities facing stormwater professionals in California and beyond.
CASQA 2020: Envision the Future
"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
Joel A. Barker
CASQA’s Vision Statement recognizes Sustainable Stormwater Management as a vital component of California’s water resources. Stewardship of our stormwater resources must balance human and ecological needs including protecting water quality, enhancing and restoring waterways, and providing an additional source for water supply. With this in mind, we ask you to envision the future of stormwater. At the conference we will explore ways to incorporate sustainable solutions for our water quality challenges, integrate the best science and technologies to ensure future generations can enjoy our waters, provide equity by engaging in all communities, drive consensus building with multi-benefit solutions, and explore funding for the future we envision.
Conference Overview and Agenda
- Conference Overview
- 2020 Conference Agenda (link will be available July 2020). Note: This is the most current agenda.
- Conference Program
- We will not be printing the conference program for the 2020 virtual conference. Instead will provide a .pdf version here (link pending)
- Note: The .pdf may not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins. The online Conference Agenda linked above is the most current version.
Registration: Updates Pending
CASQA members receive a substantial discount. Learn more about becoming a CASQA member to take advantage of discounted rates.
Deadlines to Register:
- Mon., Aug 3, 2020 - 11:59 PM PT: Early registration discount ends
- Tue., Sep 8, 2020 - 5:00 PM PT: Registration deadline (all categories).
- ** We strongly recommend that attendees register by the September 8 online deadline. Only a limited amount of same day registrations may be available on a first-come basis (lunch is not included).
- General Attendee Registration: Opening soon! (circa June 1)
- Speaker / Panelist Registration: Opens circa July 1 (following speaker selections and confirmation)
- Exhibit SpaceRegistration: More details coming soon
- Sponsorship & Advertising Purchase: Opening soon! (late May)
- Some sponsorship packages have limited availability so please act quickly to secure the one you want.
- Purchasing a sponsorship does not include a conference pass, unless it is stated as a benefit of the sponsorship.
Payment: Credit card is the only payment option. We do not accept check payments.
- Refunds are allowed for General, Speaker/Panelist/Poster Presenter, and Webcast registrations only; no refunds for Exhibitor registrations
- A substitution of an attendee is allowed without charge
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations made before 3:00 PM on the Tuesday of the week before the conference begins
- A 25% administrative fee will be assessed for a refund
Hotel and Travel
NOTICE: Due to the conversion of the conference into a virtual event please get in touch with your hotel to cancel your reservation. The phone number for reservations at the Paradise Point Resort is 855-463-3361.
Go here to find rates and reservation information for the conference hotel(s), maps and parking information, airport and other transportation options, as well as links to nearby attractions and activities. (link removed)
Submittals: Abstract / CASQA Award / Conference Scholarship
2020 Conference Call for Abstracts: Closed
Selection notification by email: June 15, 2020 (expected)
CASQA will email selection results (both selected and not-selected) to the primary speakers of technical presentations, the poster-only presenters, and the submitters of panels, forums, roundtables, and training workshops.
2020 CASQA Awards Program - Call for Nominations: Closed
The mission of the CASQA Awards Program is to advance the stormwater quality management profession by identifying and recognizing exemplary leadership, outstanding projects, activities, and contributions to the field of stormwater quality management. More information
2020 Conference Scholarship Program Call for Applications: Closed
The goal of the CASQA Conference Scholarship Program is to encourage the next generation of leaders in the stormwater management field. A total of three (3) scholarships are available to enable individuals to attend the 2020 CASQA Annual Conference and benefit from the educational and networking opportunities that are provided. More information
CASQA Annual Conference Mobile App
NOTICE: We will not be using the Annual Conference app for the 2020 virtual conference.
Conference attendees with Apple iOS or Android devices will be able to personalize their conference experience with the many features in our CASQA Annual Conference mobile app. The app is available in the iTunes and Google Play stores. Download Instructions (link removed)
We look forward to seeing you at these future conferences!
Presentations from past conferences are available as PDFs linked to the Training Workshop and Technical Program presentation titles in the conference agendas. Note: Files not posted lack permission from the author for posting or a copy was not provided to CASQA.
Our inaugural podcast episode was launched in May 2019, followed by 14 more episodes that were recorded at the 2019 CASQA Annual Conference, focused on all things stormwater. We dove deeper into conference discussions, got to know more about the leaders in the stormwater field, and shared CASQA's organizational goals. New episodes will continue to be posted so check back periodically. Listen here