The CASQA Annual Conference offers a unique opportunity to interact with professionals in the stormwater field. Each year the conference draws leading members of the stormwater community including local, state, and federal decision makers, stormwater program coordinators, contractors, consultants, engineers, lawyers, scientists, and planners. Join over 1200 participants for three days of in-depth training and discussions addressing a wide-range of challenges and opportunities facing stormwater practitioners in California and beyond.
We look forward to seeing you for our 16th CASQA Annual Conference at the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego on September 14-16, 2020. More information will be coming in the next few weeks and months. Watch this page for updates, announcements, and links.
CASQA 2020: Envision the Future
"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
Joel A. Barker
2020 CASQA Awards Program - Call for Nominations
CASQA members are invited to nominate a worthy individual, project, program, or media item for an award. Awardees will be highlighted at the 2020 CASQA Annual Conference.
- Submittal deadline: Monday, March 9 - 5:00 PM, PT
- Information and submittal instructions
2020 Conference Scholarship Program - Call for Applications
The goal of the CASQA Conference Scholarship Program is to encourage the next generation of leaders in the stormwater management field. A total of three (3) scholarships are available to enable individuals to attend the 2020 CASQA Annual Conference and benefit from the educational and networking opportunities that are provided.
- Submittal deadline: Monday, April 27, 2020 - 12:00 NOON PT
- Information and submittal instructions
2020 Call for Abstracts
The submittal period is not yet open (expected to be March 30 - April 27).
Following the review of abstracts, CASQA will email selection results (both selected and not-selected) to the primary speakers of technical presentations, the poster-only presenters, and the submitters of panels, forums, roundtables, and training workshops.
Conference Overview and Agenda
- Conference Overview (link will be available Spring 2020)
- 2020 Conference Agenda (link will be available mid-June 2020). Note: This is the most current agenda.
- Printed Conference Program (.pdf version will be available Sep 2020). Note: Due to the printing deadline the printed conference program does not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins; if necessary, an errata sheet will be provided.
Hotel and Travel
Go here to find rates and reservation information for the conference hotel(s), maps and parking information, airport and other transportation options, as well as links to nearby attractions and activities.
Registration (will open in April)
CASQA offers a variety of registration options to suit your schedule, including a live webcast of the Monday Plenary Session and Training Workshops for those not able to travel to the conference. CASQA members receive a substantial discount. Learn more about becoming a CASQA member to take advantage of discounted rates.
Deadlines to Register:
- Mon., Aug 3, 2020 - 11:59 PM PT: Early registration discount ends
- Tue., Sep 8, 2020 - 5:00 PM PT: Registration deadline (all categories).
- ** We strongly recommend that attendees register by the September 8 online deadline. Only a limited amount of same day registrations may be available on a first-come basis (lunch is not included).
- Attendee Registration (link pending )
- Webcast Registration (link pending)
- Exhibit Space Registration (link pending)
- Sponsorship & Advertising Purchase (link pending)
- Some sponsorship packages have limited availability so please act quickly to secure the one you want.
- Purchasing a sponsorship does not include a conference pass, unless it is stated as a benefit of the sponsorship.
Payment: Credit card is the only payment option. We do not accept check payments.
- Refunds are allowed for General, Speaker/Panelist/Poster Presenter, and Webcast registrations only; no refunds for Exhibitor registrations
- A substitution of an attendee is allowed without charge
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations made before 3:00 PM on the Tuesday of the week before the conference begins
- A 25% administrative fee will be assessed for a refund
CASQA Annual Conference Mobile App
Conference attendees with Apple iOS or Android devices will be able to personalize their conference experience with the many features in our CASQA Annual Conference mobile app. The app is available in the iTunes and Google Play stores. Download Instructions
Connect with fellow conference attendees on our Twitter or LinkedIn CASQA Annual Conference pages.
We look forward to seeing you at these future conferences!
Presentations from past conferences are available as PDFs linked to the Training Workshop and Technical Program presentation titles in the conference agendas. Note: Files not posted lack permission from the author for posting or a copy was not provided to CASQA.
Our inaugural podcast episode was launched in May 2019, followed by 14 more episodes that were recorded at the 2019 CASQA Annual Conference, focused on all things stormwater. We dove deeper into conference discussions, got to know more about the leaders in the stormwater field, and shared CASQA's organizational goals. New episdoes will continue to be posted so check back periodically. Listen here