CASQA’s Board of Directors has established two key strategic planning documents, (1) Strategic Plan and Organizational Goals (Strategic Plan) and (2) Vision for Sustainable Stormwater Management (Vision for Stormwater). These two documents form the core of who we are as an organization and what we want to achieve.
Each year, CASQA evaluates our Strategic Plan and the Vision for Stormwater to identify the most pressing needs of the organization and our membership. The goal is to (1) identify priorities for the year, (2) identify and implement projects to achieve those priorities, and (3) align resource allocations with the annual priorities. CASQA’s Annual Work Plan documents the priorities for the year and the projects designed to implement those priorities.
Strategic Plan and Organizational Goals
CASQA’s Strategic Plan and Organizational Goals were first established by the Board of Directors in 2019. This document includes our Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Core Values, and Organizational Goals.
On behalf of California stormwater permittees, CASQA advances sustainable stormwater management protective of California water resources.
CASQA advances the stormwater field through a network of highly engaged professionals that:
- Lead: CASQA provides leadership that results in sustainable statewide stormwater policies, regulations, and programs
- Collaborate: CASQA provides a forum for stormwater professionals to share ideas and identify solutions for regulatory, technical, and scientific challenges
- Educate: CASQA produces resources and hosts events that inform, educate, and train stormwater professionals, regulators, and the public on the value, challenges, and scientific and technical aspects of stormwater management
- Support: CASQA tools and guidance promote implementation of sustainable stormwater programs
- Develop: CASQA provides opportunities for the growth of stormwater professionals and development of current and future stormwater leaders
Vision for Stormwater
The purpose of the Vision for Stormwater is to address the primary issue for stormwater management: The lack of consensus on how best to meet the goals of the Clean Water Act for stormwater. CASQA developed the Vision for Stormwater for CASQA, its members, and the public to pursue a comprehensive plan for stormwater that will achieve the goals of the Clean Water Act and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of stormwater management.
The Vision for Stormwater, first approved by the Board of Directors in 2015, is periodically updated to reflect developments in stormwater management. In August 2019, CASQA released an interim update to support the development of priorities for 2020. However, CASQA will dive deeper into the Vision over the next several months with the intention of releasing a more substantively updated Vision for Stormwater in 2020.
Annual Priorities and Work Plan
CASQA’s Annual Work Plan identifies the priorities for the year and the associated projects to implement those priorities. We encourage everyone to get engaged and help CASQA achieve our Strategic Plan and the Vision for Stormwater!