CASQA’s Board of Directors has established two key strategic planning documents, (1) Strategic Plan and Organizational Goals (Strategic Plan) and (2) Vision and Strategic Actions for Managing Stormwater in the 21st Century (Vision for Stormwater). These two documents form the core of who we are as an organization and what we want to achieve.
Each year, CASQA evaluates our Strategic Plan and the Vision for Stormwater to identify the most pressing needs of the organization and our membership. The goal is to (1) identify priorities for the year, (2) identify and implement projects to achieve those priorities, and (3) align resource allocations with the annual priorities. CASQA’s Annual Work Plan documents the priorities for the year and the projects designed to implement those priorities.
Strategic Plan and Organizational Goals
CASQA’s Strategic Plan and Organizational Goals were first established by the Board of Directors in 2019. This document includes our Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Core Values, and Organizational Goals.
On behalf of California stormwater permittees, CASQA advances sustainable stormwater management protective of California water resources.
CASQA advances the stormwater field through a network of highly engaged professionals that:
- Lead: CASQA provides leadership that results in sustainable statewide stormwater policies, regulations, and programs
- Collaborate: CASQA provides a forum for stormwater professionals to share ideas and identify solutions for regulatory, technical, and scientific challenges
- Educate: CASQA produces resources and hosts events that inform, educate, and train stormwater professionals, regulators, and the public on the value, challenges, and scientific and technical aspects of stormwater management
- Support: CASQA tools and guidance promote implementation of sustainable stormwater programs
- Develop: CASQA provides opportunities for the growth of stormwater professionals and development of current and future stormwater leaders
Vision for Stormwater
In 2015, CASQA released its Vision and Strategic Actions for Managing Stormwater in the 21st Century (Vision for Stormwater). The purpose of the Vision for Stormwater is to address the primary issue for stormwater management: The lack of consensus on how best to meet the goals of the Clean Water Act for stormwater. CASQA developed the Vision for Stormwater for CASQA, its members, and the public to pursue a comprehensive plan for stormwater that will achieve the goals of the Clean Water Act and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of stormwater management.
In 2017, CASQA updated the Vision for Stormwater to version 1.1 based on developments in stormwater management in the three years since the original Vision was developed in 2014 and adopted in early 2015.
The 2018 Vision At-A-Glance identifies the Principles, Actions, Goals, and Objectives for 2018. This table, an appendix in CASQA’s 2017 Annual Report, provides a quick and summarized version of CASQA’s Vision document.
Annual Priorities and Work Plan
CASQA’s Annual Work Plan identifies the priorities for the year and the associated projects to implement those priorities. We encourage everyone to get engaged and help CASQA achieve our Strategic Plan and the Vision for Stormwater!