CASQA develops and publishes four Best Management Practices (BMP) Handbooks generally matched to the three kinds of stormwater permits. The Construction and Industrial & Commercial BMP Online Handbooks require a subscription to view. The Municipal and New Development & Redevelopment Handbooks are available to download for free, or available to purchase in print.
Subscription-Based Handbooks (one year subscription)
These interactive online references (formerly portals) provide the SWPPP Template and the information you need to stay in compliance with California stormwater regulations for a construction or an industrial general permit.
Subscriptions are available for individuals (CASQA members and non-members) as well as for groups (CASQA members only).
- CASQA membership does not include a subscription to the BMP Online Handbooks (including the SWPPP Templates), however, CASQA members receive reduced subscription rates.
- Group subscriptions have a designated primary subscriber (purchaser) with all others listed as sub-subscribers under the primary subscriber. Adding sub-subscribers is the responsibility of the primary subscriber and is a one time step unless someone leaves or joins the organization.
Purchase the Construction BMP Online Handbook
Purchase the Industrial & Commercial BMP Online Handbook
- Subscriptions must be renewed before the expiration date to receive the renewal rate. If not, you will be charged the full subscription rate.
- If you are upgrading to a broader subscription type, you must pay the initial rate for the new subscription type and then the renewal rate after the first year.
To renew your BMP Online Handbook subscription, please follow the steps below:
- The CASQA website does not support Internet Explorer 8 or 9. Please upgrade to Internet Explorer 10+ or use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
- Log in and go to your CASQA account page www.casqa.org/user/login
- Select the Renew or Re-purchase tab and look for the item that needs to be renewed; click 'renew' - the discount will automatically be deducted in the shopping cart.
Municipal BMP Handbook
This handbook provides the information you need to stay in compliance with California stormwater regulations for a municipal general permit.
New Development & Redevelopment BMP Handbook
This handbook provides the information you need to stay in compliance with California stormwater regulations for Phase I and II municipal permits.
BMP Handbook Training
Interested in training related to the CASQA BMP Handbooks? Through an agreement with CASQA, the Office of Water Programs, California State University, Sacramento offers online training courses on the Municipal and New Development & Redevelopment BMP Handbooks. These courses are designed to provide continuing education for professional engineers, employees of municipal agencies, regulatory agencies, developers, construction companies, and others to increase their knowledge of stormwater best management practices. Two continuing education units (CEUs) will be awarded for completing each course.