The Construction BMP Handbook provides practical and industry leading resources to support implementation of the Construction General Permit (CGP) issued by the State Water Resources Control Board. The handbook includes Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) templates for traditional projects and linear underground projects (LUP), BMP Fact Sheets for erosion and sediment control, non-stormwater management and material management, and guidance on selection of slope stabilization techniques. Purchasing or renewing a subscription assures that you have access to the latest version of the handbook, including updates and new resources as they become available.
NEW FOR 2023
With one subscription, subscribers receive access to two versions of the Construction BMP Handbook (2023 and 2019) to support projects subject to the 2022 CGP and the 2009 CGP.
2023 Construction BMP Handbook
FAQ / UPDATES: The list of updates (compared to the 2019 Construction BMP Handbook) is available in this list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
2019 Construction BMP Handbook
All construction projects with the Waste Discharge ID (WDID) numbers issued before September 1, 2023 may continue construction activities under the 2009 CGP (with some exceptions that require compliance with the 2022 CGP – see the FAQ list for more details). This handbook supports implementation of the 2009 CGP. It will be available to support these projects until August 31, 2025 (when the 2009 CGP will cease to be applicable to all construction activities).
- Subscriptions are for one year and renewals are paid annually.
- Subscriptions are available for individuals (CASQA members and non-members) as well as for groups/organizations (CASQA members only).
- Purchasing a BMP handbook subscription does not include CASQA membership.
- CASQA membership does not include BMP Handbook subscriptions, however CASQA members receive a substantial discount on BMP handbook subscriptions and renewals. Learn more about becoming a CASQA member to take advantage of discounted rates.
- CASQA members must log in to receive the member discount on their subscription purchase.
- You can create a pre-purchase invoice if you need one. Credit card is our only payment option. Check payments are accepted only by special request and CASQA pre-approval.
Purchase or Renew a Subscription
IMPORTANT: You must be logged in to your CASQA account to purchase or renew a subscription, and to see the green BUY links next to the purchase options below. If you do not have a CASQA account, you can create one now (no cost).
Purchase a New Subscription
Renew a Subscription
To renew an active subscription or repurchase an expired subscription, the Subscription Contact should go to My Account > Orders and select the Renew or Repurchase link. To receive the renewal discount, the subscription must be renewed before it expires.