2019 CASQA Annual Conference Theme
Stormwater... Why We Do What We Do!
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” - Jane Goodall
Looking back over the last 30 years, it was in 1989 that a few early champions of California’s stormwater community banded together to form the California Stormwater Quality Task Force. The Task Force quickly emerged as the cutting-edge statewide stormwater collaborative organization, bringing together stormwater professionals to help members achieve the goals of the Clean Water Act while improving the efficiency and effectiveness of stormwater management. As the reach of the stormwater regulatory program broadened, so did the needs of the California stormwater community. To help meet these growing needs, the Task Force organized and formed the California Stormwater Quality Association (CASQA) in 2002. CASQA continues to be a leader in stormwater and is committed to seeing stormwater managed as a vital component of California’s water resources, to support human and ecological needs, to protect water quality, and to restore our waterways.
Looking forward into the next thirty years and beyond, it is vital to not only be stewards of our waters, but to also be mentors for the next generation that will continue to protect and enhance our waterways for future generations. As an organization, CASQA will foster sustainable solutions to our water quality challenges, incorporating the best science and technologies to promote the health of our natural waters.
New Conference Elements for 2019!
The 2019 CASQA Annual Conference brings some exciting new elements! This year we are pleased to announce that we have opened up our abstract submittal process beyond technical presentations and posters, to also include submissions for training workshops, panels, forums, and roundtable discussions. The conference will continue to offer three days of in-depth learning opportunities and discussions on a wide-range of stormwater and water management topics, with a focus around the conference theme. For 2019 we have also made some changes to the agenda by moving the Plenary Session to Monday morning to officially kick off the conference with our Welcome Remarks, CASQA Awards Announcement, and Keynote Presentation. This will be followed by morning topical conversational sessions, afternoon training workshops, and a field tour. Over 130 conference thematic technical presentations, panels, forums, and roundtable discussions following multiple concurrent tracks will provide two additional packed days of stormwater information from leading stormwater practitioners from across California and the world.
Scroll down to see an overview of each day.
Conference Agenda, Mobile App, Map
Online Conference Agenda
The online Conference Agenda provides an up-to-date hourly view of the program and speakers. You can see an overview of all days or filter by day, track, or training workshop.
Printed Conference Program
Due to the printing deadline the printed conference program does not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins; if necessary, an errata sheet will be provided.
2019 Conference Program (print version) (link will be available mid September 2019)
Errata List for Conference Program print version (to be posted as needed)
CASQA Annual Conference Mobile App
Conference attendees with Apple iOS or Android devices will be able to personalize their conference experience with the many features in our CASQA Annual Conference mobile app. Here are just some of the many features.
Note: The CASQA 2019 Annual Conference event will be available to download approximately 2 weeks before the conference begins.
ink will be available mid September 2019)
Sunday, October 6, 2019
- Check-in at the CASQA Registration Desk (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Monterey Conference Center): Beat the Monday morning rush by checking in and picking up your conference packet on Sunday.
- Welcome Event (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Monterey Marriott: Ferrante’s Bayview (Level 10): All are welcome! This casual event is a great way to break the ice before the official start of the conference. Appetizers will be served; cash bar.
October 7, 2019
- Plenary Session (8:30 AM - 10:00 AM)
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Daniel Apt, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- CASQA Awards Announcement: Mark Lombos, Chair - CASQA Awards Committee
- Leadership Award Announcement and Acceptance
- Keynote Address: Dr. Kyle Van Houtan, Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Poster Session
- Networking Event (6:30 PM - 10:00 PM): Our ninth annual Monday evening Networking Event will be held at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This is a unique opportunity to socialize after hours, enjoy food and entertainment, and continue the stormwater discussion. This event is included with a 3-Day Full Conference Pass. Tickets can be purchased as an add-on option for $100 when registering online for a 1-Day or a 2-Day Conference Pass and for guests of attendees. Dinner is included.
- Note: Buses will be available to transport attendees or, if you prefer, it is a 1.5 mile walk along the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail or Uber/Lyft/taxi ride.