The 2022 Call for Abstracts: CLOSED
Submittal Deadline: Monday, May 9, 2022 - 12:00 NOON PT (Allow plenty of time to fill out the online form)
Abstract submissions for a technical presentation, poster, panel, or training workshop are now being accepted for the CASQA 2022 Conference.
On this page you can find information on the following:
- Conference general information
- Abstract submission information
- Steps to submit your abstract
For complete abstract submission information and instructions see the CASQA 2022 Call for Abstracts: Information and Requirements. Carefully read the information in this document before submitting your abstract via the link provided at the bottom of this web page. The document includes:
- Conference theme description
- Track descriptions
- Presentation/session type definitions
- Abstract submission evaluation criteria
- Abstract submission requirements and guidelines
- Speaker, panelist, and poster presenter registration information
Submittal Period Open: April 4, 2022
Submittal Deadline: Monday, May 9, 2022 - 12:00 NOON PT
- IMPORTANT: Allow plenty of time to complete the online abstract submittal form. Do not wait until 11:30 AM on the last day! Abstracts not submitted by the deadline will not be reviewed or selected.
- If you are planning to submit a project for a CASQA Award this year and want to be considered for a conference presentation, an abstract must be submitted during the Call for Abstracts period. See additional information below under 'For Potential 2022 CASQA Awardees"
Selection Notification: Week of June 20, 2022
- CASQA will email selection results (both selected and not-selected) to the abstract submitters.
- At the discretion of the Conference Program Team, abstracts may be selected for a different track, presentation/session type, or length than as submitted.
- Following selection notifications, further instructions will be sent to speakers, panelists, and poster presenters.
Conference General Information
The CASQA Annual Conference offers in-depth learning opportunities and discussions on a wide range of stormwater and water management topics, with a focus around the conference theme. The Plenary Session will officially kick off the conference with our Welcome Remarks, Award Announcements, and Keynote Address. Conference thematic technical presentations, panel discussions, and training workshops following multiple concurrent tracks over three days will be presented by leading stormwater practitioners from across California and the world. Attendees can visit the Exhibit Hall and interface with exhibitors while exploring goods, services, and innovative ideas. Networking opportunities will be provided throughout the conference, including the Welcome Reception, Networking Event, and Exhibitor Reception.
CASQA 2022 Conference Theme
Celebrating Milestones: Taking the Next Steps for Stormwater
"Remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead." - Nelson Mandela
As we emerge from the last two years and come back in person it's time to celebrate! This year not only brings us together again, but also marks 50 years of the Clean Water Act (1972), 35 Years of the Clean Water Act Amendments (1987), and the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the California Stormwater Quality Association (CASQA) (2002). While looking at how far we have come, we must continue to look toward the next steps needed to further protect our state waterways. We will delve into the details of up-and-coming new permits while focusing on the lessons learned from past permits. We will explore ways to equitably support water quality and provide resilience in our infrastructure for future generations, highlight ways to effectively implement true source control measures, and plan for emerging pollutants of concern. These are just a few of the diverse topics we will cover during the CASQA 2022 Conference in Palm Springs. We hope you will join us as we gather again to celebrate past successes and lay the steppingstones to progress.
- Three day conference: Monday 10/24/2022 - Wednesday 10/26/2022
- Multi-track Technical Sessions with presentations, panels, and training workshops incorporated throughout the conference agenda
- Poster Session
- Plenary Session including Keynote Address
- Award Announcements
- Exhibit Hall including an exhibitor-sponsored prize drawing for attendees who visit a set number of exhibit spaces
- Networking Opportunities:
- Welcome Reception: Sunday 10/23
- Networking Event: Monday 10/24
- Exhibitor Reception: Tuesday 10/25
- Conference Overview
Abstract Submission General Information
The Call for Abstracts is open to technical presentations, posters, panel discussions, and training workshops. Track descriptions and presentation/session type definitions are provided below and in the document posted above. To integrate the conference all presentation/session types will be incorporated throughout the conference agenda. The Conference Program track teams will review all submissions.
To be considered, an abstract (5,000-character maximum including spaces) must concisely describe the proposed technical presentation, poster, panel, or training workshop. Abstracts must be relevant to the conference theme and the track to which submitted. The abstract itself is the sole basis for selection; supplemental data will not be accepted. Abstracts must meet all CASQA abstract submission requirements.
For complete information and instructions see the 'CASQA 2022 Conference Call for Abstracts: Information and Requirements' provided at the top of this page.
The abstract submitter must be one of the following depending on the presentation type for which you are submitting:
- Primary Speaker (Technical Presentation)
- Poster Presenter (Poster)
- Moderator (Panel or Training Workshop)
All speakers and/or panelists are required to be provided at the time of submittal or the submission will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. Adhere to the limits as given in the 'Presentation / Session Type Definitions' below and in the document above. Substitution of speakers and panelists following both submittal and selections is not allowed without advance approval from CASQA.
Presentation / Session Type Definitions
Technical Presentation: A 20-minute oral presentation followed by a 5-minute Q&A. The presentation is limited to one primary speaker. Due to time constraints this presentation is also limited to one supporting speaker, if any. Technical presentations will be grouped into 55-minute sessions based on related content within the Technical Program tracks.
It is required to include all speakers at the time of submittal: Limited to 1 primary speaker and 1 supporting speaker (if any)
Poster: A research presentation that generally includes an Introduction and Background; Methods or Approach; Results; and the Conclusion and/or Discussion.
- Selected poster presenters will be sent detailed information about the required poster specifications (size, color, resolution, type size, fonts), file format and size, and components to include
- Posters will be displayed in the Poster Hall throughout the conference
Panel: A 55-minute panel session featuring up to four subject matter experts responding to questions from a moderator on a specific subject, question, or issue affecting our field. CASQA may solicit audience questions prior to the panel. The moderator shall prepare their own questions to lead the discussion, as well as a brief opening statement (five minutes maximum) to introduce the panel and the subject. The panel is not a technical presentation, but rather a discussion of an issue or topic from multiple perspectives, and exploration of potential solutions.
It is required to include all panelists at the time of submittal: Limited to 4 panelists.
Training Workshop: An approximately 1-hour, 2-hour, or 3-hour interactive training designed to include attendee participation and engagement. The training workshop moderator will prepare concepts and techniques to be presented and discussed through a combination of visual materials, interactive tools (pending CASQA production team agreement), and demonstrations.
It is required to include all panelists / speakers at the time of submittal. Adhere to these limits:
- Training Workshop - (1) 55-minute session: Limited to 4 panelists / speakers
- Training Workshop - (2) 55-minute sessions or (3) 55-minute sessions: Limited to 6 panelists / speakers
For Potential 2022 CASQA Awardees
The 2022 CASQA Awards will be announced during the Plenary Session at the conference. Awardees will be additionally recognized in the conference program and on the CASQA website.
- CASQA Awardees are guaranteed the option to present a poster at the conference and will be recognized as an awardee in the list of poster presentations.
- If a CASQA Awardee submitted an abstract during the Call for Abstracts for consideration as a technical presentation and was accepted for inclusion in the Technical Program, their presentation will be recognized as an awardee in the agenda.
- Abstract submittal does not guarantee acceptance for a technical presentation
- If the awardee's abstract submission is not selected as a technical presentation they may present a poster if they so choose
Steps to Submit Your Abstract
- The link provided below will take you to the 3rd party abstract submittal website
- Once on the website click the blue 'Start Submission' button
- You will be required to create an account on the 3rd party website (Cvent) in order to continue to the online abstract submittal form
- Form notes:
- Do not use all uppercase or all lowercase when entering information on the online form
- Check the spelling of the Technical Presentation, Poster, Panel, or Training Workshop title, all names, job titles, organizations, and email addresses; mistakes in spelling can carry through to the online agenda and printed conference program.