CASQA periodically solicits for applicants to become a California Construction General Permit Trainer of Record (CGP ToR) for the official CGP QSP/QSD training course. The CGP Trainer of Record RFQ-SOQ qualification process is now closed for 2023.
List of Current CGP ToRs
View the current list of Qualified California CGP Trainers of Record (CGP ToRs) (Dec 1, 2023) (PDF)
Apply to Become a CGP ToR
The 2023 application period is now closed for 2023.
- Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) Submittal Deadline: Oct 13, 2023 at 4pm Pacific
- Selection and Notification: Week of Nov 6, 2023 (via email)
Steps to Apply: NOW CLOSED FOR 2023
SOQ Submittal Fees
NOTE: The fee links have been removed until the next application period.
- Before clicking a payment link below, the applicant must log in to their own CASQA account, or create an account if needed. Do not pay for multiple applicants through one person’s account.
- Important: Upon payment of the SOQ Submittal fee or SOQ Resubmittal fee, you will receive a payment confirmation email with further instructions. Be sure to check your junk/spam mailboxes or any email blocking by your organization.
Steps to Renew CGP Trainer of Record Qualification
To maintain their status, Trainers of Record must complete the following steps to renew their Construction General Permit Trainer of Record qualifications:
- Maintain Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD) status.
- Attend or view a mandatory renewal meeting (virtual)
- Maintain a fully executed Compliance Agreement with CASQA. Note that the current agreement automatically renews, so once it has been executed, no additional action should be required during the renewal process.
- Pay the Construction General Permit Trainer of Record fee ($65). The term is one year (July 1 – June 30), and must be renewed each year by June 30 or a $25 late fee will apply. Steps to pay the fee:
- Log in to your CASQA account page.
- Select the Orders tab and look for the CASQA qualified CGP Trainer of Record (CGP ToR) item and click Renew.
CASQA confirms steps 1 – 4 are completed and issues a Trainer of Record Certificate and lists the ToR on the CGP ToR list posted online.