CGP Trainer of Record Qualification
CASQA periodically solicits for applicants to become a California Construction General Permit Trainer of Record (CGP ToR) for the official CGP QSP/QSD training course. The CGP Trainer of Record RFQ-SOQ qualification process occurs yearly in early Fall. Watch the CASQA website and emails for an announcement.
List of Current CGP ToRs
Apply to Become a CGP ToR
The 2023 application period is expected to open in Fall .
- Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) Submittal Deadline: pending
- Selection and Notification: pending (via email)
Steps to Apply
Step 1. Download and Review the Request for Qualifications
Step 1. Pay the SOQ Fee (non-refundable)
Step 3. Submit Your Statement of Qualifications
CGP Trainer of Record (RFQ) (2023) (PDF) including attachments – PENDING
Applicants must pay a non-refundable fee to cover the review and evaluation of the SOQ. Be sure to pay the fee allowing enough time to receive your payment confirmation email with submittal instructions and to upload your SOQ before the submittal deadline.
- New CGP ToR Applicants: Submittal Fee $530
- Previously Not Selected CGP ToR Applicants: Resubmittal fee $280
Fee Payment Period: Pending
(the purchase link will only be provided below during this time)
IMPORTANT: Upon payment of the SOQ Submittal fee or SOQ Resubmittal fee, you will receive a payment confirmation email with further instructions and a link to upload your Statement of Qualifications to box.com. Be sure to check your junk/spam mailboxes or any email blocking by your organization.
Note: Upon submitting, you will not receive a submittal confirmation email.
Your SOQ will be evaluated per the Candidate Trainer Selection Criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
SOQ Submittal Fees
- Before clicking a payment link below, the applicant must log in to their own CASQA account, or create an account if needed. Do not pay for multiple applicants through one person’s account.
- Important: Upon payment of the SOQ Submittal fee or SOQ Resubmittal fee, you will receive a payment confirmation email with further instructions. Be sure to check your junk/spam mailboxes or any email blocking by your organization.
Submittal Fee – New CGP ToR Applicants: [payment link pending]
Resubmittal Fee – Previously Not Selected CGP ToR Applicants: [payment link pending]
Additional Qualification Steps for Candidate Trainers of Record
CGP Trainer of Record Training Course Information
QSP / QSD Training Course Calendar
Steps to Renew CGP Trainer of Record Qualification
Candidate Trainers of Record selected through the CASQA RFQ process must complete the following additional steps in order to begin offering QSD/QSP training courses to the public:
- Attend a mandatory orientation meeting (virtual). Details to be provided to the Candidate CGP ToRs.
- Sign a Compliance Agreement (PDF) with CASQA and submit the signed agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the Construction General Permit Trainer of Record fee ($65). The term is one year (July 1 – June 30), and must be renewed each year by June 30 or a $25 late fee will apply.
- Note: A link to the fee payment page will be sent by email. The page is not accessible in the CASQA website menu.
CASQA confirms steps 1 – 3 are completed and issues a Trainer of Record Certificate and lists the ToR on the CGP ToR List posted online.
Listing QSP and QSD Training Courses is a service CASQA provides to qualified CGP Trainers of Record at their option. The information shown is based on entries from the CGP ToRs, who are responsible for its content and accuracy, as well as answering questions about their course(s). Instructions to add your training courses are provided on the QSP / QSD Training Course Calendar.
To maintain their status, Trainers of Record must complete the following steps to renew their Construction General Permit Trainer of Record qualifications:
- Maintain Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD) status.
- Attend or view a mandatory renewal meeting (virtual)
- Maintain a fully executed Compliance Agreement (PDF) with CASQA. Note that the current agreement automatically renews, so once it has been executed, no additional action should be required during the renewal process.
- Pay the Construction General Permit Trainer of Record fee ($65). The term is one year (July 1 – June 30), and must be renewed each year by June 30 or a $25 late fee will apply. Steps to pay the fee:
- Log in to your CASQA account page.
- Select the Orders tab and look for the CASQA qualified CGP Trainer of Record (CGP ToR) item and click Renew.
CASQA confirms steps 1 – 4 are completed and issues a Trainer of Record Certificate and lists the ToR on the CGP ToR list posted online.