QSD / QSP Renewal
An initial QSD or QSP qualification is valid for two years. It must be renewed to stay valid.
- Your Office of Water Programs at Sacramento State (OWP) online account is separate from an account that you may have on the CASQA website and can be accessed at the OWP Account Management Portal.
- QSD or QSP qualifications are renewed completely online.
- QSD or QSP renewal candidates automatically receive certificate renewal reminder emails at 90 and 21 days before their certificate expiration date at the email address in their OWP online account. If the certificate is not renewed the candidate will then receive an email letting them know that it has expired.
Steps To Renew a QSP or QSD Certificate
- Log in to your QSP and/or QSD account at the Office of Water Programs (OWP) Account Management Portal.
- Confirm that your underlying certification is current. Check the underlying certification or registration provided to you by the issuing organization or contact that organization.
- Read the most recent CGP Review: We ask that you read the annually updated CPG Review training materials to stay up-to-date on the latest issues affecting permit compliance. You can download the CGP Review from the OWP Account Management Portal. The current publication of “CGP Review” addresses the regulators’ top concerns regarding permit interpretation and compliance. Having their insight will help you understand how your construction site and Other Guidance will be assessed and the permit enforced. This issue also addresses recent permit changes.
- Pay the renewal fee of $125 (effective Jan 1, 2023) if renewed before the current expiration date, or $145 (effective Jan 1, 2023) if renewed after the certificate has expired.
After these steps are completed, a new QSP or QSD certificate is automatically emailed to the candidate.
- If renewed before the certificate expiration date, the qualification will be set to expire two years after the original expiration date.
- If renewed after the certificate expiration date, the new expiration date will be two years from the renewal date. QSDs/QSPs whose qualification has expired will be noted with an expired status in the QSD and QSP Lookup Tool.
For more information, please call the Office of Water Programs help desk at (916) 278-6142.
Additional Renewal Option for QSDs Only
In July 2013 the State Water Board launched a new, second option for individuals with specified licenses to become or renew as a QSD. For information visit the California Board of Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists (CBPELSG) Licensed QSD Training Program. The basic differences in the two options for qualifying or renewing as a QSD are shown in this comparison table (PDF).