An initial QISP qualification is valid for two years. It must be renewed to stay valid.
- Your Office of Water Programs at Sacramento State (OWP) online account is separate from an account that you may have on the CASQA website and can be accessed at the OWP Account Management Portal.
- QISP qualifications are renewed completely online.
- QISP renewal candidates automatically receive certificate renewal reminder emails at 90 and 21 days before their certificate expiration date at the email address in their OWP online account. If the certificate is not renewed the candidate will then receive an email letting them know that it has expired.
Steps To Renew a QISP Certificate
- Log in to your QISP account at the OWP Account Management Portal.
- Pay the renewal fee of $220 (effective Jan 1, 2023) if renewed before the current expiration date, or $240 (effective Jan 1, 2023) if renewed after the certificate has expired.
- The $220 fee to renew your QISP certificate for two years helps cover the costs for CASQA and the Office of Water Programs to administer the Industrial General Permit Training Program, including developing and managing the automated renewal system, staffing the Office of Water Programs Help Desk, and updating training content.
- Complete the new training materials as provided in your OWP account.
After these steps are completed, a new QISP certificate is automatically emailed to the candidate.
- If renewed before the certificate expiration date, the qualification will be set to expire two years after the original expiration date.
- If renewed after the certificate expiration date, the new expiration date will be two years from the renewal date.
For more information, please call the Office of Water Programs help desk at (916) 278-6142.